Enjoy a practical and reflective oasis.
Deepen your own meditation practice and learn the core strategies for leading and teaching meditation.
During the day you will experience and learn about:
* The crucial importance of contemplative preparation
* The physical and mental health benefits
* The many methods that different traditions use to take people into meditation such as: Breath – Sound – Movement – Guided Journeys.
* The essence of meditation no matter what the approach or tradition
Then there are the actual practices once the practitioner is settled down into the meditation zone. These include:
* Emptying and witnessing with compassionate detachment
* Awareness of subtle impressions
* Connecting more fully with all that is
* Contemplative seed thoughts and ‘the raincloud of knowable things’
* Self-development and self-healing
* Expansion of consciousness
* Service to others through healing and prayer
During the day you will be given a holistic and modern perspective on the major meditation forms. These include Vippasana, Zen, Christian mystic, mindfulness, TM, guided visualizations, mantras, mandalas, raja and agni yoga, journeying, seed thoughts, inner dialogue, deep relaxation, healing and prayer.
Very practically you will learn how to
* Prepare for leading and teaching
* Clarify the purpose of the meditation
* Guide the meditation
* Use appropriate words and tone
* Enable grounding, posture and breath
* Close the session.
You will also participate in an exercise in which you will facilitated in planning a session appropriate to you and your people/groups.
We know that groups and individuals gain great benefits from quiet time.
This is a crucial day if you have a calling to lead people into calm space.