One Year Spirituality Training
An Adventure in Personal Transformation
Diploma in Practical Spirituality and Wellness
Eight weekends in Glastonbury starting September 2020
Ofqual Register Crossfields Institute Level 3 – Qual No: 601/8673/2 Sector Subject Area: Health and Social Care
All weekends 10am—5pm. Non-residential.
2020 — 12/13 September; 17/18 October; 7/8 November; 5/6 December.
2021 — 16/17 January; 13/14 February; 13/14 March; 17/18 April.
Abbey House, Glastonbury
This is a lovely venue with its own large garden looking down to the abbey. Has its own private parking. For a 1-minute Youtube video looking at Abbey House click here
You have two very experienced educators both of whom were involved in the development of this qualification.
William Bloom is the founder/director of the Spiritual Companions Trust and author of many pioneering books including ‘The Power of Modern Spirituality’ and ‘The Endorphin Effect.’
Sarah Jane Williamson is currently CEO of the Mare and Foal Sanctuary. She has extensive experience of spirituality and health. sarahjanewilliamson.com
This course and its qualification is the core offer of the Spiritual Companions Trust.
To taste our approach view and/or download for free Your Spiritual Health Programme
Benefits of the Course
- More Connection, compassion and consciousness.
- Life-long strategies to support your health, wellbeing and relationships.
- Study and share with like-minded souls.
- Inclusive. Diverse. Visionary. Pioneering.
- Compassion in action. Healing presence.
- Qualification on Ofqual Register.
- Value added to your CV.
- Deep and practical skills for one-to-one and group work. Compassion and care in action.
- # spirituality # health # mindfulness # wellbeing
- Spiritual ’emergency’ and mental health
- Become a registered Spiritual Companion and Spiritual Health Mentor/Coach
- Further training and certification available: • Teach Meditation • Celebrancy
- Honours the jewels in all traditions.
- Person-centred: What works for you? What works for others?
- Welcomes diversity. Empowering and enabling.
- Integrates mind-body-spirit.
- Emotionally literate.
- Grounded and practical.
- Science of spirituality and health.
- Experienced facilitators/tutors who walk their talk.
Course Content – Four Units
- Person Centred Spiritual Practice
- Reflective Practice and Self-Awareness in the Context of Spiritual Development
- Science and Context
- Spiritual Care in Practice
You can view the full Ofqual Spec for the qualification — click here
Assessment is done via an online portfolio system so you must have a computer or tablet and internet connection.
You will be asked to write short reflective pieces and mini-essays.
You must be able to attend all sixteen days (organised as weekends, clusters of four days and single days depending on the centre) and be available for online contact in between.
£250 deposit ensures your place.
Staggered payments can be arranged for you. Please enquire.
There are no bursaries but concessions are available depending on circumstances, especially for engaged activists under 35 in employment in the education, health and campaigning sectors. Please enquire.
All enquiries and payments are made via our administrator, Diana Brown, who has also taken the course. She can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants must be 18 or over. While there are no formal academic requirements, relevant life and/or professional experience is a prerequisite. A relevant CV is required as part of the application process. We are particularly keen that students demonstrate their emotional literacy and a welcoming attitude to diversity and self-management.
Please send us via email — email@example.com — your answers to these enquiries:
— What do you hope to gain from this course?
— What set you on the path of personal/spiritual development?
— Who and what are your significant influences – teachers, books, events and experiences?
— Having completed the course and gained accreditation how might you take this approach forward in your personal and work life.
At the same time also submit a mainstream CV with your date of birth (required by Ofqual), your full contact details and the name you want to appear on your qualification certificate.
Policies, Refunds Etc
You will find all our relevant policies click here
‘So much love and gratitude for the most phenomenal year. You have created something very powerful and I am in deep gratitude. To be part of a caring community of like minded and extremely supportive souls has been a joy and a gift.’
Susannah Moore, primary school teacher
‘Big thank you. I feel I’ve really benefitted from the whole programme. It’s an initiative with real value and something truly ground-breaking.’
Paul Smith, university lecturer
‘I have grown in so many ways! This course has opened my eyes to a world and universe I never realised was so big. The awareness I have with how I behave and respond to my friends, family and clients and their response in return is just fantastic.’
Jo Creighton, holistic therapist